Oracle Unveils Suite of Breakthrough Services to Help Simplify Cloud Adoption by Global Corporations
Oracle recently launched a new family of offerings designed to enable organizations to easily move to the cloud and remove some of the biggest obstacles to cloud adoption. These first-of-a-kind services provide CIOs with new choices in where they deploy their enterprise software and a natural path to easily move business critical applications from on-premises to the cloud.
While organizations are eager to move their enterprise workloads to the public cloud, many have been constrained by business, legislative and regulatory requirements that have prevented them from being able to adopt the technology. Oracle is making it easier for organizations in every industry to make this transition and finally reap the performance, cost and innovation benefits of Oracle Public Cloud Services and run them wherever they want – in the Oracle Cloud or in their own datacenter.
"We are committed to helping our customers move to the cloud to help speed their innovation, fuel their business growth, and drive business transformation," said Thomas Kurian, president, Oracle. "Today's news is unprecedented. We announced a number of new cloud services and we are now the first public cloud vendor to offer organizations the ultimate in choice on where and how they want to run their Oracle Cloud."
Unveiled lately, Oracle Cloud at Customer enables organizations to get all of the benefits of Oracle's cloud services – agility, simplicity, performance, elastic scaling, and subscription pricing – in their datacenter. This is the first offering from a major public cloud vendor that delivers a stack that is 100 percent compatible with the Oracle Cloud but available on-premises. Since the software is seamless with the Oracle Cloud, customers can use it for a number of use cases, including disaster recovery, elastic bursting, dev/test, lift-and-shift workload migration, and a single API and scripting toolkit for DevOps. Additionally, as a fully managed Oracle offering, customers get the same experience and the latest innovations and benefits using it in their datacenter as in the Oracle Cloud.
By extending the Oracle Cloud into their data center, customers can:
- Have full control over their data and meet all data sovereignty and data residency requirements that mandate customer data remain within a company's data center or contained within a geographic location while still taking advantage of the benefits of the cloud
- Enable workload portability between on-premises and cloud using identical environments, toolsets, and APIs
- Easily move Oracle and non-Oracle workloads between on-premises and the cloud based on their changing business requirements
- Comply with security and privacy regulations such as PCI-DSS for the global credit and debit card industry, HIPAA for the US healthcare industry, FedRAMP for the US federal government, Germany's Federal Data Protection Act, the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act, and other industry- and country-specific regulations
Recently, Oracle has announcing the availability of the following Oracle Cloud at Customer services:
- Infrastructure: Provides elastic compute, elastic block storage, virtual networking, file storage, messaging, and identity management to enable portability of Oracle and non-Oracle workloads into the cloud. Additional IaaS services that complete the portfolio, including Containers and Elastic Load Balancer will be available soon.
- Data Management: Enables customers to use the number one database to manage data infrastructure in the cloud with the Oracle Database Cloud. The initial set of Database Cloud Service offerings will be followed by Oracle Database as a Service – Exadata for extreme performance and a broad set of Big Data Cloud services, including Big Data Discovery, Big Data Preparation, Hadoop, and Big Data SQL.
- Application Development: Develop and deploy Java applications in the cloud using Oracle Java Cloud, soon to be followed by other services for polyglot development in Java SE, Node.Js, Ruby, and PHP.
- Enterprise Integration: Simplify integration of on-premises applications to cloud applications and cloud application to cloud application integration using the Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Additional capabilities for SOA, API Management, and IoT will be added soon.
- Management: Unifies the experience of managing workloads seamlessly on-premises and in the Oracle Cloud.
The Oracle Cloud has shown strong adoption, supporting 70+ million users and more than 34 billion transactions each day. It runs in 19 data centers around the world.